Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Languishing … the condition of someone
who may be able to function
but has lost a sense of hope and meaning.
Languishing is not the presence of mental illness;
it is the absence of mental and emotional vitality …
it is the opposite of flourishing …
{The Me I Want To Be, John Ortberg}
Languishing. I have come to know this word from the inside out.
Ouch. I just looked up languishing in my thesaurus and found words like fade away, get weaker, rot, and decay. Sounds like I’m dying. And so I have been.
Don’t panic! I don’t have some dreaded disease – or do I?
I think I do.
I’m dying of it. God knows I am.
What’s more, I think he’s okay with it.
I’m sick of languishing. He’s okay with that, too.
And so I stand, once again, before the throne of the King of the Universe and ask, once again, for an infusion of the life he promises and I know, once again, he’ll give it to me hand over fist …
I came so they can have real and eternal life,
more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
John 10:10, Jesus
Let there be life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
amen to dat...
ReplyDeleteI'm just sayin
I believe that our loving God has a great plan in all our lives..we just have to listen and stay obedient to his word. We must love one another as He has loved us :)
ReplyDelete